The regular season for the San Francisco Giants has come to an end and the National League batting title belongs to them. Buster Posey ends the season leading the NL with a .336 batting average. He represents the first Giants catcher to win the title and the first Giant to win it since Barry Bonds in 2004.
Posey won the Rookie of the Year award in 2010, but missed most of the 2011 with multiple leg injuries after a collision at home plate broke his leg and tore three ankle ligaments. Said to be the great leader of the team, Posey has shown great skills as the catcher behind the plate and more so now hitting as well.
Here are some key cards for any fan of Buster Posey:
- 2010 Topps Buster Posey rookie card
- 2010 Upper Deck Star Rookie
- 2010 Bowman rookie card
- 2008 Bowman Chrome Buster Posey 1st Bowman card
- 2011 Topps Marquee Museum collection auto
- 2009 Bowman Sterling dual auto Posey/Cervelli